Because of the uniquely well-developed level of experience in rehabilitation and tackling child trafficking and abuse, Home of Hope for Girls is acknowledged as a resource for others. Advisory panels, training courses and forums for improving society frequently request their input.
Founder Khanyisile Motsa, “Mam Khanyi's”, list of awards is long, it includes:
- Nedbank Hero of the Month in November 2009 for Community Building;
- Winner of the 2010 Feather Award in the Women’s National Community Builder and Humanitarian category;
- 2010 Shoprite/Checkers Woman of the Year;
- At the 2018 centenary celebration of Nelson Mandela’s life, the Nelson Mandela Foundation awarded Mam Khanyi as one of South Africa’s ‘Unsung Heroes’. On the award Nelson Mandela’s words are inscribed: “Do not look the other way; do not hesitate. Recognise that the world is hungry for action, not words. Act with courage and vision.”
- 2022 Global Citizen Prize: Citizen Award South Africa winner